The company has more than 50 years of experience in water treatment applications. Orbinox has two common types of penstocks – wall penstocks and channel penstocks – which come in sizes ranging from 150mmx150mm to 2000mmx2000mm. These penstocks come with rising/non-rising stems and diverse mounting configurations and material combinations. In addition, we offer different types of actuators and extensions to accentuate the penstocks. We have a wide range of penstocks, from stop logs to swing check penstocks and weir penstocks available.
Our bi-directional wall penstocks are available in sizes ranging from 1200mmx1200mm, and bi-directional and uni-directional are available in larger sizes. On the other hand, our channel penstocks are standard uni-directional with sizes ranging to 1000mmx1000mm and bi-directional in larger sizes. Moreover, we offer customized penstocks, so they can fit in perfectly according to the requirements.
Characteristics of the Product:
- Lower leakage rate than maximum allowable in DIN 19569-4 (class 5): 1,20 L/minimum per seating meter.
- Self-cleaning guides of UHMWPE reduce the friction during performance resulting in easy operation and extended seal durability.
- Self-adjusting “lip-design” sealing with no need for on-site adjustments.
- Wedge-less design results in low opening and closing torques.
- Frame, slide, and stem in stainless steel as standard, optional in acid-resistant stainless steel.
- A wide product range with possibility for customized solutions.
The High Molecular Weight Polyethylene (HMWPE) has self-cleaning guidelines to help decrease friction during the procedure, allowing easy operation and long-lasting seal durability.
There is no need to have wedges for the self-adjusting “lip design” sealing seals. It provides slight torques during starting and ending, allowing the use of a small size actuator than usually needed. It also doesn’t need any on-sire adjustments and reduces vibration during operation.